CEO buys ailing New Zealand media giant for one dollar

first_imgBoucher, who joined the Press as a reporter in 1993 and has spent most of her career at the company, said it was “a new era” for Stuff.”It is great to take control of our own future with the move to local ownership and the opportunity to build further on the trust of New Zealanders, who turn to us for local and national news and entertainment every day,” she told stuff.co.nz.The one-dollar price reflects the difficulties in New Zealand’s media sector, where COVID-19’s impact has slashed revenues already eroded by global internet giants such as Facebook and Google.Stuff’s main domestic rival, NZME, had its own one-dollar bid for the company rejected earlier this month. Stuff and NZME have both asked staff to take pay cuts due to the virus-induced downturn, with NZME cutting 200 jobs.German magazine giant Bauer Media Group closed its New Zealand titles with the loss of 237 jobs last month, citing the “severe economic impact” of the pandemic.Shares in Nine, which had been rumoured to be keen on offloading its New Zealand assets for more than a year, were up 2.9 percent at Aus$1.41 in early trading on the ASX.Nine obtained Stuff when it acquired the company’s Australian owner, newspaper group Fairfax Media in late 2018.Topics : Struggling New Zealand media giant Stuff Limited was sold in a management buy-out deal for the symbolic fee of NZ$1.00 (US$0.61), the group’s Australian owners Nine Entertainment announced Monday.Nine said that Stuff chief executive Sinead Boucher would take over the company, which operates New Zealand’s most popular news website, stuff.co.nz, and titles such as Wellington’s Dominion Post and the Christchurch Press.”The sale of Stuff is expected to (be) complete by May 31,” Nine said in a statement to the Australian stock exchange.last_img read more

Arsenal reject Saint-Etienne’s loan proposal in William Saliba transfer

first_imgArsenal reject Saint-Etienne’s loan proposal in William Saliba transfer Metro Sport ReporterThursday 6 Jun 2019 8:38 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link2.1kShares Comment Manchester United and City have scouted Saliba (Picture: Getty)Arsenal have told Saint-Etienne they will not agree to loan William Saliba immediately back to the club, reports say.Saint-Etienne are prepared to sell Saliba this summer, who is rated as one of the brightest prospects in France.The 18-year-old is being courted by a host of clubs including Manchester United and Watford, but Arsenal were believed to be leading the race for the defender.But the Sun now claim Arsenal’s chances of sealing the £25million transfer have taken a hit after they rejected Saint-Etienne’s loan proposal.ADVERTISEMENT Saint-Etienne expect to collect £25m for Saliba (Picture: Getty)Arsenal remain in talks with Saint-Etienne and are hopeful they can still strike a deal, despite taking the risk of refusing the French side’s loan demand.Emery is a big fan of Saliba, who continually impressed the Arsenal scouts last season.With Saint-Etienne’s key demand now shot down by Arsenal, Emery is concerned they could lose Saliba to Manchester City.The Premier League champions are believed to have no issue with splashing out £25m on the defender and sending him straight back to France.More: FootballBruno Fernandes responds to Man Utd bust-up rumours with Ole Gunnar SolskjaerNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movescenter_img Saint-Etienne want to have Saliba on loan next season (Picture: Getty)The feeling at Arsenal is they cannot wait another season for defensive reinforcements, especially when Saint-Etienne are demanding such a high fee for Saliba.AdvertisementAdvertisementUnai Emery’s transfer budget this summer is just £45m, but the Arsenal boss is still targeting a busy window.Emery is prepared to offload the likes of Mesut Ozil in a bid to raise further funds for signings.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Tekmar Scores Doppelpack

first_imgTekmar Energy has won multiple contracts by Van Oord to supply its Cable Protection Systems (CPS) for the Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm and the BorWin3 grid connection system in the German North Sea.Tekmar will supply its CPS to protect the 35 inter-array cables planned for Deutsche Bucht, which will be tailored for the project to cater for all different cable sizes applied and a respective interface to the monopile foundations, according to the company.The company said it will also provide its system to protect the three export cables between the Hohe See offshore wind farm and BorWin gamma, BorWin3’s corresponding offshore converter platform, in addition to supplying the CPS to protect the 79 inter-array cables on Hohe See, as part of a separate contract.The contracts mark the fifth and sixth project that Tekmar has worked on with Van Oord, the company said, adding that they also mark the 61st and 62nd named projects working within the offshore wind industry.Located in the German North Sea, the 252MW Deutsche Buch offshore wind farm comprises 31 MHI Vestas V164-8.0MW wind turbines optimized to deliver an output of 8.4MW. The project is scheduled for full commissioning in late 2019.The 900MW BorWin3 grid connection system will link several wind farms off the coast of Lower Saxony in Germany to the mainland, including the Hohe See offshore wind farm. The 155kV alternating current supplied by the wind farms will be transformed into 320kV direct current on BorWin gamma.The link will transport power via a cable over 130km at sea and further 30km on land to the grid feed-in point in Emden. The direct current will then be converted back into alternating current for further transmission and distribution.The entire project is due for completion in 2019.last_img read more

West Indies Shillingford making good progress

first_img Share Sharing is caring! LocalNewsSports West Indies Shillingford making good progress by: – March 31, 2011 49 Views   no discussions Sharecenter_img Tweet Share Photo credit: ESPNCricinfo.comST JOHN’S, Antigua — Off-spinner Shane Shillingford is making encouraging progress as he makes a bid to return to competitive cricket.The 28-year-old from Dominica has had several sessions under the watchful eyes of the coaches at the Sagicor High Performance Centre (HPC), after he was taken out of the game for a suspect bowling action late last year.West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) CEO Dr Ernest Hilaire gave an update on Shillingford’s progress, and said everyone has been impressed with his commitment and dedication, as he seeks to return to competitive cricket.“A lot of work has been done with him. He has been at the HPC learning a new action and a new run-up. He has been video-taped regularly, assessed, analysed and he has one more session before he can actually participate in a match. Of course, once the umpires are satisfied with what they see, we will apply at the ICC for a review for him to re-enter international cricket,” Hilaire said.Hilaire was speaking during an interview with the Antiguan media on Monday.He added, “He (Shillingford) has been very committed, very dedicated. His personal coach from Dominica has also been with him to the HPC to see the programme to go back Dominica and help him to implement the remedial work. Thomas Kentish, the former Windward Islands and Combined Islands spinner has been doing a lot of work with him and we are very happy with the kind of work Shane has put in as he tries to make a return to international cricket.”Shillingford made his international debut against South Africa last year and also toured Sri Lanka at year-end. He has played five Test matches, taking 14 wickets.“We had hoped that he would probably play this weekend [WICB First-class semi-final]. It depends on the HPC coaches telling us when they think he’s ready. We are not rushing it. We want to take our time, we want to make sure he goes through all the fundamentals before we put him back into competitive cricket,” Hilaire said.Source: Caribbean News Nowlast_img read more

Mrs. Frances Mae (Alexander) Neubert

first_imgMrs. Frances Mae (Alexander) Neubert, age 81, of Vevay, Indiana, entered this life on August 11, 1936, in Estill County, Kentucky, the loving daughter of the late, Edgar Clifton and Merica (Wood) Alexander. She was raised in Hooven, Ohio and was a 1954 graduate of the Taylor High School in Cleves, Ohio. Frances was united in marriage on April 30, 1988, in Harrison, Ohio, to William Robert “Bill” Neubert, Jr. and they shared 30 years of marriage together until her death. Frances began modeling at the age of 55 and was a former secretary for a doctor’s office in California. She owned and operated Creations by Frances in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frances was a member of the Spring Branch Baptist Church where she was a deaconess. She resided in the Vevay community since 1998. Frances enjoyed crafts and was a Godly woman. Her greatest joy in life was being a devoted wife, loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Frances passed away at 2:55 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018, at the Our Hospice of South Central Indiana in Columbus, Indiana.Frances will be deeply missed by her husband, William Robert “Bill” Neubert, Jr. of Vevay, IN; her daughter, Holly Marcum and her husband: David of Cincinnati, OH; her son, Jeffrey Clifton Hartzell and his wife: Suzanne of Rogersville, AL; her grandchildren, Jacob Kendrick, Christopher Hartzell, Matthew Hartzell, Jessica Marcum, Jon Senile, Nathan Marcum and Aimee Barton; her great-grandchildren, Dylan Michael Marcum and Aislynn Grace Marcum; her several nieces and nephews and her dog, Lucy.She was preceded in death by her parents, Edgar Clifton and Merica (Wood) Alexander; her son, Russell John “Rusty” Hartzell, died April 8, 1999; her brothers, Elmer Alexander, Russell Clifton Alexander and John Tracey Alexander and her sister, Lillian B. (Alexander) Race.Funeral services will be conducted Wednesday, May 9, 2018, at 1:00 p.m., by Rev. Rick Daugherty and Pastor Dave Taylor at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043. Interment will follow in the Vevay Cemetery, Vevay, Indiana. Friends may call 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 9, 2018, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043. Memorial contributions may be made to Spring Branch Baptist Church. Cards are available at the funeral home.last_img read more

UPDATE: Shooting in Harrison overnight

first_imgOriginal Story—Police are investigating a shooting in Harrison where one person has reportedly died.Officers were dispatched to the scene of a shooting on Winding Way Drive at around 8 pm for an accidental shooting involving a teenager. The Hamilton County coroner was at the scene.It has been reported that 3 juveniles were taken into the police department, but were not specific about their involvement.  Will will keep you updated as information becomes available. Harrison, OH—UPDATE—A 15-year-old boy is dead and a 16-year-old boy has been charged with reckless homicide after a shooting in Harrison on Wednesday, police said.Information from the investigation alleges the juveniles were home alone when they found a loaded firearm. Police said the firearm was mishandled by the teenager and one round was fired, striking the 15-year-old victim. Police said three other juveniles were found at the residence at the time of the shooting.A 16-year-old has been charged with reckless homicide. That teen is at the Hamilton County Juvenile Detention Center.Police say no adults were home at the time of the shooting.last_img read more

Man arrested on allegations of robbery and multiple drug charges

first_imgGreensburg, IN—Last Saturday, Greensburg Police Officers were dispatched to the area of North Michigan and West Walnut Streets for an alleged robbery that had occurred. When officers arrived on the scene and began speaking with the victim, he stated that he was robbed of money by another male.Officers then began investigating the allegations that were made.A short time later during the investigation officers located the suspect, who was identified as Ellis Martinez, 48, of Greensburg, and took him into custody. Martinez was transported to the Decatur County Jail and charged on allegations of Robbery, Dealing in Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of a Syringe, and Battery.last_img

Neymar’s mum dating 22-year-old fan

first_imgRelatedPosts Neymar bags two-match ban Neymar risks seven-game ban, Gonzalez 10 Neymar, four others sent off as Marseille grab rare win at PSG Neymar has showed his support for his 52-year-old mum’s relationship with 22-year-old Tiago Ramos. Nadine Goncalves is dating the computer game fan, who is six years younger than the Paris Saint-Germain forward. Nadine made the relationship official on Instagram by posting a picture of herself cuddling up to Tiago in the garden. The caption read: “The inexplicable cannot be explained, you live it…❤️” Neymar gave the couple his seal of approval as he left a gushing comment on the picture. He wrote: “Be happy mom ❤️ love you.” Nadine was married to Neymar’s father and agent Wagner Ribeiro for 25 years, but they split in 2016. The 52-year-old has now found love with the 22-year-old – who is a self-confessed fan boy of the former Barcelona star. Before he linked up with Nadine, he sent Neymar a message insisting that their paths would cross. His message from 2017 read: “Neymar you are fantastic, I don’t know how to explain the emotion of being a fan of a guy like you. “I see you playing and I”m very motivated, one day I hope to read this message with you, be your brother and play together. “I know that one day I will meet you, because I am a dreamy boy where I do not give up on my goals! “Stay with God, very successful and happy.” Tiago posted a picture with the 28-year-old in January before he attended his lavish birthday party just one month later.Tags: Neymarlast_img read more

Pellegrini to push City to the max

first_img It was at the same stage last season that City’s title-winning campaign roared into life as they embarked on a 20-game unbeaten run in all competitions, winning 18 of them. Pellegrini said: “That of course will be the best thing we can do, but I think December and this week of November are a decisive month for the Premier League. “We are going to play eight games of the Premier League, we are going to finish the first round (of fixtures) at the end of December. We have 24 more points to try to win. “We have to try to do it, I think that is the only way. I think maybe not to be top of the table, because Chelsea are in a very good moment, but I think it is important to have a good first round. That is more than 41 or 42 points.” City captain Vincent Kompany is poised to return for the visit of the Swansea after missing the trip to QPR a fortnight ago and Belgium’s recent Euro 2016 qualifier against Wales with a calf injury. There could be a temptation not to risk the influential centre-back before Tuesday’s crucial Champions League tie against Bayern Munich but Pellegrini insists that game is not yet in his thoughts. He said: “We are not thinking about Europe. We are thinking about the Premier League. “We must try to discount the points we have behind the leaders. It is very important to try to win. Press Association “After we finish the game against Swansea we are going to start thinking about Bayern Munich.” Fellow defender Eliaquim Mangala has also overcome what Pellegrini described as a “small problem” to make the squad this weekend. Swansea have won two and drawn one of their last three league games to climb into the top five and head to Manchester City on Saturday buoyed by their comeback victory over Arsenal before the international break. But boss Garry Monk insists he is not looking too far ahead and dismisses talk of a possible top-six finish. “We just focus on the next game because if you look too far ahead you lose track of what you’re doing,” Monk said. “We’re just looking at Man City and giving that 100 per cent commitment. Who knows if we can stay in the top six. “You obviously look at the tables but my focus is on attacking every game as best we can. “We want to get the best performances and hopefully that will get us enough points to stay in the top half of the table and see where that takes us. “We’re realistic and teams below us are very powerful financially, but all I care is we compete against these teams and we’re competing so far.” Swansea will be without Federico Fernandez with a calf injury preventing the Argentina central defender from marking his international team-mate Sergio Aguero. Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini believes his team need to claim close to maximum points in the remaining weeks of 2014 if they are to remain in title contention. Pellegrini sees the end of December as an important staging post in his side’s defence of their Barclays Premier League crown and he knows they can ill afford to drop many more points. City return to action after the latest international break third in the table, trailing leaders Chelsea by eight points, with 21 to their name from 11 games. last_img read more

HS principal sparks controversy after ordering dress code for parents

first_imgA Texas high school principal is at the center of a nationwide controversy after implementing a dress code for parents.Carlotta Outley Brown, of James Madison High School, has become the center of this heated debate.The dress code was established after a mother was attempting to enroll her child but was asked to leave due to her attire.Joselyn Lewis was reportedly wearing a headscarf and a T-shirt dress, according to reports.Following the incident, Brown sent a letter to parents warning them that they would not be allowed to drop off or pick up their kids if they were not dressed appropriately.“We are preparing your child for a prosperous future,” Brown wrote. “We want them to know what is appropriate and what is not appropriate.”Brown says she stands by her decision with the support of some parents who say the “guidelines were necessary to maintain a dignified atmosphere.”However, others have taken issue with the dress code citing that it is discriminatory and ties into deeper rooted issues such as class, gender, and race.The new dress code bans attire including pajamas, hair rollers, leggings or certain other items of clothing.Additionally, it bans men from wearing undershirts, parents wearing sagging pants or shorts, revealing tops, torn jeans “showing lots of skin,” and “dresses that are up to your behind.”last_img read more