On Thursday, the Health Ministry’s disease control and prevention director general Achmad Yurianto announced 103 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of cases nationwide to 893. Jakarta still has the majority of cases with 515, an increase of 53 since Wednesday.Another region with a significant increase was South Sulawesi with 14 new cases, more than doubling its total number of cases to 27.“Four more people have recovered,” Yurianto said, adding that the total number of recovered COVID-19 patients in the country was 35.(mfp)Topics : The number of deaths caused by COVID-19 in Indonesia has soared to 78 as the Health Ministry announced 20 more deaths on Thursday, the country’s highest one-day death toll increase.Jakarta is the province with the highest number of deaths with 46, followed by West Java with 11, and Central Java with six. Indonesia’s death toll is the highest in Southeast Asia, followed by the Philippines with 45, and its mortality rate of 8.73 percent is among the highest in the world.
Iran strongly condemned Friday an agreement between Israel and the UAE to normalize ties, blasting it as an act of “strategic stupidity” that will only strengthen the Tehran-backed “axis of resistance”.The agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, which was announced by US President Donald Trump on Thursday, is only the third such accord Israel has struck with an Arab state.In it, Israel pledges to suspend annexation of Palestinian lands, although Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stressed that did not mean it was abandoning plans to annex the Jordan Valley and Jewish settlements across the occupied West Bank. Topics : The Iranian foreign ministry denounced the deal as an act of “strategic stupidity from Abu Dhabi and Tel Aviv which will undoubtedly strengthen the resistance axis in the region”.”The oppressed people of Palestine and all the free nations of the world will never forgive the normalizing of relations with the criminal Israeli occupation regime and the complicity in its crimes,” a ministry statement said. Establishing diplomatic ties between Israel and Washington’s Middle East allies, including the oil-rich Gulf states, has been central to Trump’s regional strategy to contain Iran. Calling “Abu Dhabi’s shameful move” dangerous, Tehran warned against any Israeli interference in the Gulf and said “the government of the Emirates and other accompanying states must accept responsibility for all the consequences” of the agreement. In an indirect reference to its main regional rival Saudi Arabia, Iran called on rulers harming the people of Palestine and Yemen “from their glass palaces” to start correctly distinguishing “between their friends and foes”.
Tony Pennisi of The Property Hub — Beenleigh said there were several reasons the property had remained on the market for so long, including the refusal to do open for inspections.“It seems to be genuinely the best way to get to the market that’s not too aggressive to buyers,” he said.“They come, knowing they don’t have to set up an appointment and they probably won’t be there by themselves, and they feel the most comfortable to look at a home.” This property at 176 Bahrs Scrub Rd, Bahrs Scrub sold for $1.385m.A HOUSE that had been on the market for five years has finally sold with the agent applauding the decision to invite open for inspections.The 10-year-old house at 176 Bahrs Scrub Road, Bahrs Scrub was in immaculate condition, and caught the attention of an inner city Spring Hill couple expecting their first child. Inside the immaculate property that was the first to sell in Bahrs Scrub for 2019.It was sold for $1.385 million and is the first Bahrs Scrub house sale of the year.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020 The relaxed environment of an open for inspection can make people feel at home.The Spring Hill couple had previously offered for the house but were rejected.A second party signed a contract but pulled out due to lack of finance. The Spring Hill couple returned with a higher bid and were successful. SEE WHAT ELSE IS FOR SALE IN BAHRS SCRUB >>>FOLLOW THE COURIER-MAIL REAL ESTATE TEAM ON FACEBOOK<<<
By Rob NugentPOCOLA, Okla. (July 9) – Dustin Boston outran the IMCA SportMod field for his first Tri-State Speedway victory of the season on Saturday night.Logan Ellis finished second for the second week in a row and last week’s winner, Dustin Leatherman, followed for a third place finish.Tate Cole captured his eighth Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modified win of the season over Kevin Guinn in second and 15-year-old Kayden Menasco in third.
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians English Premier League clubside Bournemouth confirmed on Sunday that one of their players is among the two latest people across the league to test positive for the coronavirus.In a statement, Bournemouth said the player would now self-isolate for seven days, as per the protocols. Six people across three clubs, including at least one player from Watford, tested positive for the virus in the first round of tests.In a statement on its website, the Premier League said the two positive tests came from a round of 996 tests across all 20 clubs, with each club increasing their tests from 40 to 50.“The Premier League can today confirm that on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 22 May, 996 players and club staff were tested for COVID-19. Of these, two have tested positive from two clubs,” the Premier League said.A third round of tests will take place at the 20 clubs on Monday and Tuesday.The Premier League is still hoping to resume the season in June. dpa/NAN.Tags: AFC BournemouthCoronavirusCOVID-19Watford
Roberto Di Matteo described Chelsea’s Champions League triumph against Napoli as one of the club’s greatest victories.The Blues overturned a 3-1 first-leg deficit at Stamford Bridge, where Branislav Ivanovic’s extra-time winner took them into the quarter-finals. Ivanovic fired in Chelsea’s winner.It was Chelsea’s third win in as many matches under interim boss Di Matteo, who paid tribute to his players.AdChoices广告He declared: “I’ve had some great nights, I have to say. But that one will probably go down in this club’s history – to have come back from a two-goal deficit.“The players showed they care about the club and the supporters. Some of the players couldn’t even run at the end because they had cramp, but they just kept fighting.“For the club, it meant a lot to still be able to play in the Champions League. Everybody was delighted.”Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Comments Syracuse (13-21-3, 10-8-2 College Hockey America) found out on Sunday that it will face No. 1-seed Wisconsin (32-4-2, 18-4-2 Western Collegiate Hockey Association) in the first round of the NCAA tournament on Saturday. The Orange will travel to Madison, Wisconsin, for the quarterfinals, and if they advance, the Frozen Four will be played in Hamden, Connecticut, on March 22 and 24. On Friday, SU blew out Robert Morris, 6-2, in the CHA championship game to earn its first CHA title and NCAA tournament berth in program history. It was the Orange’s third win in three days. They started the CHA tournament with a 4-1 win against Lindenwood on Wednesday before beating Mercyhurst, 4-3, on the back of a Lindsay Eastwood hattrick. The Orange played Wisconsin twice this season on Dec. 1 and 2 in Madison. SU was blown out both times by a combined score of 15-2. Wisconsin comes off winning the WCHA championship, 3-1, against Minnesota on Sunday, and SU head coach Paul Flanagan called the Badgers a “dynamic team” with “tremendous depth at all positions.” Since winter break though, Syracuse has improved offensively and defensively, and Flanagan said the Orange need to have a “short-term memory” when it comes to the earlier losses. In the CHA championship game, Syracuse’s physical defense prevailed and shut down the conference’s leading scorer, Robert Morris’ Jaycee Gebhard. Flanagan added that the goaltending has solidified in recent weeks, and in the first game against Wisconsin, Maddi Welch made a season-high 48 saves. In the CHA tournament, the Orange gave up just two goals a contest.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textSyracuse’s tough slate of nonconference games early in the season, playing six then-top-10 teams before winter break, also helped prepare the Orange for the postseason, Flanagan said. “We feel that we’ve got some motivation going and some good momentum,” Flanagan said. “And we’re feeling, certainly, like our team’s done a 180 since we went out there (to Wisconsin).” With St. Lawrence, his alma mater, Flanagan reached the women’s Frozen Four five times, including four-straight from 2003 to 2007. In his one finals appearance (2001), his team fell 4-2 against Minnesota-Duluth. His experience will helped with the preparation and understanding what distractions may face the players, Flanagan said.“It’s been a decade, but going to the NCAA’s still hasn’t really changed,” Flanagan said. “So it does help to have been there. Unfortunately none of our kids have been there.”Syracuse players did deal with a sold-out crowd and a loud atmosphere when the two teams met for the first time, though, which Flanagan said will also help the Orange. “They (the players) won’t be in awe of the place because they spent two games there,” Flanagan said, “and so I think all those variables can play in our favor.” Published on March 10, 2019 at 10:05 pm Contact Arabdho: firstname.lastname@example.org | @aromajumder Facebook Twitter Google+
COMMENT Written By FOLLOW US Shohei Ohtani won’t pitch again this season for the Los Angeles Angels after straining his right forearm in his second start, manager Joe Maddon says.Ohtani likely will return to the Angels’ lineup as their designated hitter this week, Maddon said Tuesday night before the club opened a road series against the Seattle Mariners.The Angels’ stance on Ohtani is unsurprising after the club announced he had strained the flexor pronator mass near the elbow of his pitching arm. The two-way star’s recovery from the strain requires him to abstain from throwing for four to six weeks, which covers most of the shortened 2020 season.“I’m not anticipating him pitching at all this year,” Maddon said. “Any kind of throwing program is going to be very conservative.”Ohtani was injured Sunday in the second inning of his second start since returning to the mound following Tommy John surgery in late 2018. Ohtani issued five walks during the 42-pitch inning against the Houston Astros, with his velocity dropping later in the frame.The arm injury is another obstacle in Ohtani’s path to becoming the majors’ first true two-way player in decades. He made 10 mound starts as a rookie in 2018 before injuring his elbow, but he served as the Angels’ regular designated hitter last season while recovering from Tommy John surgery.Ohtani has pitched in only three games since June 2018, but the Angels still believe in Ohtani’s ability to be a two-way player, Maddon said.“I’m seeing that he can,” Maddon said. “We’ve just got to get past the arm maladies and figure that out. But I’ve seen it. He’s just such a high-end arm, and we’ve seen what he can do in the batter’s box. Now maybe it might get to the point where he may choose to do one thing over the other and express that to us. I know he likes to hit. In my mind’s eye, he’s still going to be able to do this.”The veteran manager believes Ohtani will benefit from a full spring training and a normal season. Ohtani wasn’t throwing at full strength for a starter when the coronavirus pandemic shut down spring training in March because he wasn’t expected to pitch until May as he returned from surgery.“Going into a regular season with a normal number of starts and all the things that permit guys to be ready for a year, that’s what we need to see is some normalcy before you make that kind of determination,” Maddon said.Image credits: AP Associated Press Television News WATCH US LIVE First Published: 5th August, 2020 06:14 IST SUBSCRIBE TO US Last Updated: 5th August, 2020 06:14 IST Maddon: Shohei Ohtani Won’t Pitch Again For Angels This Year Shohei Ohtani won’t pitch again this season for the Los Angeles Angels after straining his right forearm in his second start, manager Joe Maddon says LIVE TV
Share Submit Sportradar CEO Carsten Koerl said that the strength of its partnerships will be “proved in crisis” after the postponement of almost all live sports events brought inevitable challenges and demanded quick changes to the company’s business strategy.Delivering the day-one keynote at this week’s SBC Digital Summit, kicking off the Leadership in Betting track, Koerl told delegates that we should see the ongoing crisis as a “defining leadership moment” to deliver the best possible outcomes for all stakeholders.He described starting out in the industry and creating the initial product offering (IPO) for bwin, formerly betandwin, before shifting his full focus to Sportradar – now a truly global full-service B2B data, betting, trading and player management platform business.Moving on to address business continuity in the face of COVID-19, Koerl admitted that in the course of just a few days, Sportradar lost almost 90% of its “raw material or fuel” because sports matches were not being played.As the full extent of the crisis became clear, Koerl’s thoughts turned to safeguarding his staff. “The first thing is employees,” he said. “How can I protect them, and give them clear guidance through transparent communication?”The next most important thing, said Koerl, was to deliver value for the partners while sticking to the foundation or the roots of a partnership. Introducing how Sportradar had fixed its pipeline on the supply side to generate content in the absence of live sports, he also urged company leaders to be agile and innovative enough to navigate these “unprecedented times” without losing sight of the future.Here, he noted Sportradar’s quick pivot to AI-driven Simulated Reality, virtual sports, esports and alternative live content. The Simulated Reality product, Koerl confirmed, went from initial concept to live in just over a week before servicing approximately 250 clients on the first day. Meanwhile, the company’s virtual sports range has been boosted by the launch of Euro Cup 2020, offering thousands of betting opportunities for 51 matches – the same number that would have taken place at this summer’s European football showpiece across 12 host cities.Looking ahead, Koerl said that time away will “enhance appreciation of live sports”, adding that the current focus on alternative content will likely attract a younger and broader audience.He summarised his keynote by saying: “For us, it is important to look to the employees and the partners, that’s the key message. Preserving liquidity and cash is very much needed at this time, so you need to do everything you can to maintain a strong balance sheet.”Koerl concluded: “Stay optimistic. We are all in this together so let’s share and help each other. That is my message here to the Summit and I hope you enjoy this first virtual format.”The SBC Digital Summit runs from 27 April to 1 May 2020, featuring seven conference tracks, a virtual exhibition and virtual networking lounges, attracting an estimated 10,000 delegates from around the world. There is still time to register for the event, with company discounts available HERE. Share StumbleUpon Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 Sportradar combats social media abuse with player protection solution August 17, 2020 Better Collective cautious on quick recovery as COVID drags growth momentum August 25, 2020 Related Articles
Chelsea star, Willian, is back in Brazil with his family after being granted leave by the club, and he is making the most of his time with them.On Wednesday, the Brazilian shared a video of himself having a kickabout with his two daughters in their home on Instagram.With the two girls standing on either end with footballs, Willian would turn to one, kicking the ball back to her after it was thrown his way, before turning to the other.It was an adorable moment from the winger as he makes the best use of his time off.Willian was granted compassionate leave by Chelsea to spend time in Brazil with his family, as the Premier League season has been suspended with no clear indication on when it might return following the rapid spread of COVID-19 around the world.He is one of a number of footballers who are using the period to connect more with their loved ones.Ghanaian defender, Harrison Afful recently shared a video of him braiding his daughter’s hair.The video has since gone viral.Take a look at Willian training with his daughters below: