By Voice of America September 27, 2019 During a session of the Delegate Commission, which operates during the National Assembly’s recess, Guaidó said the goal is to detect insurgent camps and locate aircraft used for narcotrafficking in Venezuela.“We will use all relations and intelligence possibilities that are with the interim government” said Guaidó, as he accused Nicolás Maduro of associating with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC, in Spanish) and the National Liberation Army (ELN) guerrilla group.“We have an unprecedented institutional weakness that these irregular groups, which have proliferated for months and years with the regime’s approval, are exploiting,” he said.Guaidó pointed out that the border has become a “no man’s land” that “irregular groups control.” He said, “It’s time to make them respect Venezuela,” adding that the groups represent a regional threat.Guaidó called again on the country’s Armed Forces, asking them, “Are you going to hide the dictator who enables irregular groups to remain in Venezuela?”This session also approved an agreement rejecting the “presence and expansion of narcoterrorist groups in the national territory” and declaring Maduro responsible for the “proliferation” of these groups in Venezuela.The interim president also said that he has already begun intelligence cooperation with Colombia to locate these organizations. The decree instructs exiled lawmaker Julio Borges, Guaidó’s presidential commissioner for Foreign Affairs, to work with Colombia and other countries to advance “decisive and prompt measures of collective action” to “restore order and security.”During the meeting, Francisco Sucre, president of the National Assembly’s Permanent Foreign Policy Commission, said that paramilitary groups had taken over more than 12 of the country’s states.Sucre said that the interim government and Colombia will submit a formal complaint before the United Nations (UN) Security Council. “At the end of the month, we will take it to the UN General Assembly and submit the report along with Colombia, to show how terrorist attacks are being planned from Venezuela,” he said.The announcement comes days after Colombian President Iván Duque accused the disputed government of supporting FARC dissidents, after some former leaders said that they were taking up arms again.The disputed government’s Foreign Office said that they continue to follow with “deep concern” the “imminent reactivation of the armed conflict” in Colombia, but criticized its intent to “shift” its responsibility in the “systematic violation of human rights” as part of a “planned dismantling of the peace process.”Colombian authorities have also reported that ELN members are operating in the South American nation.
Some fire victims are expected to receive payouts under PG&E’s bankruptcy reorganization plan.PG&E and its utility unit filed for bankruptcy in January 2019, citing more than $30 billion in potential liabilities from California wildfires in 2017 and 2018 linked to its equipment.The company previously reached $25.5 billion of settlements related to wildfires in 2015, 2017 and 2018, including $13.5 billion for victims and $12 billion for insurers, cities, counties and other public entities.Under the settlement with Newsom, PG&E agreed to pay no shareholder dividends for three years, saving about $4 billion, and pursue a “rate-neutral” $7.5 billion financing package that would benefit rate payers. “I am here today on behalf of the 23,000 men and women of PG&E, to accept responsibility for the fire here that took so many lives and changed these communities forever,” Johnson said in a written statement.The Camp Fire killed at least 84 people and destroyed some 18,000 buildings. It is considered the most destructive wildfire in California history.PG&E’s plea deal was reached in March, ending a major roadblock for the utility to emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. It came after the utility accepted tighter oversight and pledged billions of dollars to improve safety and help wildfire victims under an agreement with California Governor Gavin Newsom.Under the agreement, PG&E would pay a maximum $3.5 million fine plus $500,000 in costs, and up to $15 million to provide water to residents after the fire destroyed the utility’s Miocene Canal. Topics : Pacific Gas & Electric pleaded guilty on Tuesday to 84 counts of involuntary manslaughter stemming from a devastating 2018 wildfire in Northern California touched off by the utility company’s power lines.The guilty plea, part of an agreement with prosecutors in Butte County, is intended to end all criminal proceedings against PG&E from the Camp Fire, which broke out on Nov. 8, 2018, and destroyed much of the town of Paradise.Bill Johnson, the company’s chief executive officer, entered the plea during a hearing in Butte County Superior Court.
ACCRA, Egypt (Reuters) – Egypt forward Mohamed Salah was named African Footballer-of-the-Year for 2017 yesterday, finishing ahead of his Liverpool team mate Sadio Mane of Senegal and Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.Salah, 25, polled 625 points from a voting panel made up of national team coaches and captains, plus a selection of officials and journalists, to win the award.Mane finished second on 507 with Aubameyang third on 311.Salah helped Egypt reach the African Nations Cup final and qualify for this year’s World Cup.He also made an African record move to Liverpool and scored 23 goals in all competitions for the Premier League club in 2017.“This is a dream come true for me. 2017 was an unbelievable year for me with the Egypt national team and my clubs. To qualify to the World Cup after 28 years and to have a great season at Roma and Liverpool were special moments in my career,” Salah said at the Confederation of African Football awards.Salah is the second Egyptian to win the award after Mahmoud Al Khatib in 1983.Salah and Mane were due to fly straight back to Liverpool by charter jet after yesterday’s ceremony, which finished at 2200 GMT. Liverpool play local rivals Everton in the FA Cup third round today.
The postseason hardware looks like it might find its way into the hands of USC sophomore wide receiver Robert Woods, who has put up some impressive numbers in just his second season with the Trojans’ program.The second-year wideout has been named a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award, given annually to the college football’s best receiver.Woods ranks seventh in total receiving yards (1,126), fourth in total catches (92) and ties for fourth in touchdowns (11). All of those marks put him first in the Pac-12.Woods is on pace to pass former USC receiver Keyshawn Johnson’s mark for the Pac-12 and USC record for most receptions in a season at 102.Woods was named one of 10 semifinalists Monday, joining fellow Pac-12 sophomore, California’s Kennan Allen along with Baylor’s Kendall Wright, Oklahoma State’s Justin Blackmon, Western Michigan’s Jordan White, Oklahoma’s Ryan Broyles, Clemson’s Sammy Watkins, Houston’s Patrick Edwards, Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd and Illinois’ A.J. Jenkins.Before last Saturday’s game against Washington, in which Woods caught a mere two passes for five yards, Woods seldom had a poor week, his worst outing being the five-catch, 36-yard performance against California at AT&T Park in San Francisco on Oct. 13.This season Woods has already broken USC records for receptions in a game — 17 against Minnesota during the team’s season opener on Sept. 3 — and yards in a game — 255 during an Oct. 1 game against Arizona.Since the award’s inception in 1994, no USC wide receiver has ever won the award.The finalists of the Biletnikoff Award will be announced Nov. 21, and the winner will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards live on Dec. 8, at 6 p.m. on ESPN. Correction: A previous version of this article stated Robert Woods recorded seven receptions against Minnesota. He actually had 17.
Share MansionBet becomes principal sportsbook partner of Millwall FC January 29, 2020 Share Spotlight Sports takes over MansionBet blog June 18, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon Submit MansionBet adds Bristol City to sponsorship portfolio August 20, 2020 Shelly Suter Hadad – MansionContinuing to support the UK boxing scene, Gibraltar-based online bookmaker MansionBet has confirmed that it has become the headline partner of the ‘Ultimate Boxxer’ series.The Ultimate Boxxer 2019, will host its first event on 10 May at the O2 Indigo in London, followed up by its second contest scheduled for 28 June in Manchester.The Ultimate Boxxer series sees eight British pro boxers go head-to-head to be crowned king of their division during in an action-packed night of entertainment – with all fights broadcast on BT Sports.Backing the series, Shelly Suter Hadad, COO & MD at Mansion, said: “This is a tournament that has grown in popularity and being shown on BT Sport on prime time is a testament to that. We are thrilled to be supporting Ultimate Boxxer again and encouraging boxers who can compete and gain exposure on such a massive platform”MansionBet’s partnership follows the bookmaker’s recent announcement of its boxing sponsorship of UK prospects Anthony Fowler and Jordan Gill, stating that the betting brand seeks to back the next generation of British boxing talent.Ben Shalom, Founder of Ultimate Boxxer, commented: “I’m delighted to be working with MansionBet for the next shows on BT Sport. They have supported our vision from the very beginning, which has now progressed into exciting new territory.”