… Nicholas Hing eighthCONTINUING in the 60X ISOL Remote Shoot Competition, Guyana fielded three archers last Sunday, in the 10th stage of this novel virtual competition.With the focus on maintaining fitness and competitiveness during the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic lockdown and quarantine measures, all athletes are required to maintain the strict safety guidelines while competing, either from home or other venues.Competing on the 30m categories, Winnette Lawrence and Robert Singh were joined by Nicholas Hing.Lawrence featured in the Compound Division while Singh and Hing turned out in the Recurve Division; each comprising two sessions of 36 arrows.Singh on his second venture at this competition scored 564/720 and placed 5th in a group of 8 archers, and Hing in his first, scored 450/720 placing 8th. Singh commented that his scores improved compared with the last stage.Lawrence on her third venture in this competition scored 662/720 placing 9th in a group of 15 archers.As previously mentioned, registration is done online and athletes choose which session and division they would shoot.Scaled-down target faces are used to suit the specified distances for those shooting from home with limited space. Equipment inspection is done by taking a photo of bow and arrows, as well as target faces and sent online.A QR code is then sent for archers to log in and send scores after every end along with pictures of arrows in target for scoring.The competition continues next Sunday, June 14 with stage 11, as Archery Guyana urges archers with access to ranges or home facilities to participate.All archers are mandated to observe their national health and safety requirements and the PAHO/WHO guidelines for prevention of COVID-19.
The Moroccan international, 26, scored the opener in Sunday’s 4-0 home win over Feyenoord.Speaking on that day’s Studio Voetbal show in the Netherlands, TV pundit Van der Vaart said: “I sent a message today to Daniel Levy. I said, ‘Get Ziyech after this season’.“I am convinced he would become a sensation in London.”Pochettino assesses his team’s performance after 2-1 loss to Liverpool HARRY KANE failed to take any positives from Tottenham’s 2-1 defeat at Liverpool.The Spurs skipper accused his team-mates of not being brave enough to keep the ball.4 Tottenham striker Harry Kane has been left bitterly disappointed by the defeat against LiverpoolEngland striker Kane headed Mauricio Pochettino’s men into the lead after just 47 seconds on Sunday.And the 26-year-old said: “Whenever you lose, you can never be encouraged.“We battled but you expect that at this level in every game.“It’s disappointing being 1-0 up at half-time, being ahead and not being able to see it through.“When you lose a game, it’s not a step forward — it showed we’ve got to work hard.4 Kane put Spurs into an early lead at Anfield inside the opening minuteCredit: EPA“It’s disappointing, so we’ll assess it and see where we can improve.“Then, hopefully, we can take it into Everton on Sunday.“We could have been a bit braver.“When we went 2-1 down, we started to do it better, create two or three chances towards the end but it was too late.”Meanwhile, ex-Spurs star Rafael van der Vaart has told chairman Daniel Levy to sign Ajax midfielder Hakim Ziyech. 44LATEST TOTTENHAM NEWSHARRY ALL FOUR ITKane admits Spurs must win EIGHT games to rise into Champions League spotGossipALL GONE PETE TONGVertonghen wanted by host of Italian clubs as long Spurs spell nears endBELOW PARRSpurs suffer blow with Parrott to miss Prem restart after appendix operationPicturedSHIRT STORMNew Spurs 2020/21 home top leaked but angry fans slam silver design as ‘awful”STEP BY STEP’Jose fears for players’ welfare during restart as stars begin ‘pre-season’KAN’T HAVE THATVictor Osimhen keen on Spurs move but only if they sell Kane this summer