Rooney banned after drink-drive guilty plea

first_img0Shares0000Everton striker Wayne Rooney arrives at Stockport Magistrates’ Court in Stockport, north-west England on September 18, 2017STOCKPORT, United Kingdom, Sep 18- Former England captain Wayne Rooney was Monday banned from driving for two years and ordered to perform 100 hours of unpaid work after pleading guilty to drink driving.The Everton forward was stopped by police when driving a woman’s black Volkswagen Beetle at 4:00 am on September 1, while his pregnant wife and their three sons were on holiday. Rooney apologised for his “unforgivable lack of judgement” after his guilty plea at Stockport Magistrates’ Court in the northwest of England.“Following today’s court hearing I want publicly to apologise for my unforgivable lack of judgement in driving while over the legal limit. It was completely wrong,” he said in a statement.“I have already said sorry to my family, my manager and chairman and everyone at Everton FC. Now I want to apologise to all the fans and everyone else who has followed and supported me throughout my career.“Of course I accept the sentence of the court and hope that I can make some amends through my community service.”Earlier, Rooney, 31, made no comment as he was confronted by a media scrum outside the court.Wearing a blue suit with his hands in his pockets, he walked into the court building accompanied by a small entourage.He has been married to his high-school sweetheart Coleen since 2008 and they are expecting their fourth child.Everton manager Ronald Koeman said earlier this month the matter would be dealt with “internally”.Rooney was given a warm welcome at Old Trafford on his return to former club Manchester United on Sunday but it ended in disappointment with a 4-0 defeat for Everton.Rooney made a successful start to his second Everton spell following his return to the club from United, scoring on his first two Premier League appearances.His form moved England manager Gareth Southgate to offer him an international recall, but he decided to call time on his England career.Everton are currently 18th in the Premier League after three successive defeats.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Jinder Mahal steals Randy Orton’s WWE Championship

first_imgJinder Mahal, the new No. 1 contender for Randy Orton’s WWE Championship, took the WWE Championship after assaulting the Viper with the help of the Bollywood Boyz/The Singh Brothers at SnackDown Live.Randy Orton defeated Erick Rowan and was interrupted in his promo by the the Indo-Canadian wrestler. Mahal claimed he was being disrespected and not taken seriously by the American audience. He then proceeded to speak in Punjabi to send a stern warming to the champion. As it eventually went to exchanging blows in the center of the ring, Mahal with the help of the Bollywood Boyz/The Singh Brothers laid Orton down and proceeded to leave the stage and then the building with the WWE Championship belt.   #1Contender @JinderMahal seems to think he’s already WON the @WWE Championship, because he just left Des Moines with it! #SDLive pic.twitter.com/O0L3itfey8- WWE (@WWE) April 26, 2017Last week, Mahal was among the six men who competed to become the new No.1 contender to the WWE Championship and won in the match involving him and Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Dolph Ziggler and Mojo Rawley.Orton will defend his title against Bray Wyatt in a “House of Horrors” before he takes on Jinder for the title at SmackDown-branded Backlash next month.Also Watch:last_img read more